“It’s All About Our Kids” Capital Campaign
Purpose: Our current Club and Camp Killoqua programs reach over 7,500 children annually. Because about 25% of the growing Snohomish County population is age 19 and under, Camp Fire is stepping up to meet this growing need…
- to better serve current Camp Fire youth
- to be able to serve an additional 4,000 youth each year
Clubs Programs: Small groups of boys and girls Preschool to High School led by trained adult volunteers. They have regular meetings where youth and their families have exciting opportunities to explore the world, be creative, participate in community service, and gain a sense of belonging while having fun.
Clubs surround our youth in a curriculum that embraces the Thrive Theory of Change, 40 Developmental Assets, and Wise Kids. This provides maximum impact to help Camp Fire youth make positive decisions in life.
Camp Programs: After School Programs, Day Camp, School Days Off (like Spring Break), Grief Camp, Inclusion Programs, and Resident Camp. We offer Outdoor Education including Forest, Wetland and Wildlife Ecology, STEM programs, archery and much more.
Our successful campaign will provide the following increase in services:
- Resident & Day Camp 22%
- Outdoor Education 11%
- Classic Club & Mega Clubs 6%
- Self-Reliance (In the schools) 165%
Nine Capital Campaign Projects totaling $2,179,000 that will help the kids
1) New Duplex and Meeting Rooms
2) Keeping Camp Killoqua Top Notch and Secure
3) Lodge and Flag Ceremony Improvements (Start and End Each Day)
4) Expansion of Outdoor Environmental, STEM and Wellness Programs
5) Giving New Life to Long-Time Favorites
6) Making Older Buildings / Structures Environmentally Friendly
7) Bringing Year-Round Use to our Outdoor Pavilion
8) Vehicles for Campers and Program (The Wheels that Make Programs Happen)
9) Training & Resource Center: Keeping It Top Notch and Secure